Do you have what it takes to be an ACE?
- Are you interested in a dynamic and exciting career?
- Do you possess strong communication and presentation skills?
- Are you a problem solver?
- Do you have intellectual horsepower?
- Have you ever been a member of an extracurricular leadership organization or honor society (Mortar Board, Enactus, Athletics, Student Government, etc.)?
- Are you persistent and determined to go above and beyond your normal job duties?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, the ACE program was made for you. Advantage Sales and Marketing's Accelerated Career Experience (ACE) program is your ticket to success in the world of sales and marketing. Our program allows you to pick a specific career track while simultaneously gaining exposure to other areas of the company through group projects, quarterly symposiums and independent study. If you consider yourself a sales and marketing superstar-in-the-making, read on for the full details...
» About Advantage Sales and Marketing
With more than 35,000 associates and 66 offices in the U.S. and Canada, ASM
is the country's largest provider of customized sales and marketing solutions including headquarter sales, retail merchandising, and shopper and experiential marketing programs across all classes of trade. We service many of the brands you love at all grocery, drugstore, club, convenience, natural/specialty, sporting goods, consumer electronics and home center retailers across North America.
» Learn more about ASM
» About the ACE Program
Advantage Sales and Marketing's Accelerated Career Experience (ACE) program is designed for recent college graduates who wish to pursue a career in sales and marketing. This year-long immersion program provides leadership training in several areas of the company including: marketing, retail/sales, category management, and human resources.
All participants experience a mix of on-the-job training, structured learning and project collaboration with peers. Each associate is assigned a seasoned mentor who guides them through the program and beyond. In addition to the day-to-day job duties in their specific track, ACE participants will be called upon to complete real-world case studies and simulations to further deepen their skill set and knowledge of the business. Sample projects include preparing a client interview presentation, or creating a new item presentation.
In addition, ACE participants are often given several opportunities to interact with senior leaders within the company, giving them the chance to shine, make connections, and quickly build a reputation for themselves.
Completion of this program will provide associates with:
- A broad range of experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
- Insight into the day-to-day operations of a large business organization
- Knowledge of cross-functional divisions and understanding of both internal and external client and customer needs in order to position services, programs, and products to meet goals
- The professionalism, communication skills and process management experience required to be successful
Advantage Sales and Marketing has over 60 offices in North America. The ACE program may begin in many of the locations serviced by ASM and is based on your particular career track and projected business needs. Willingness to relocate is a requirement of the program. More specific information concerning location will be discussed during the interview. Here is a sample of just some of our office locations:
- Austin, Texas
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Foxboro, Massachusetts
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Norwalk, Connecticut
- Southern Florida
- Northern California
- Southern California
- Metro New York
» View our full list of office locations
» ACE Career Tracks
While ACE participants will gain exposure to all areas of the company throughout the program, participants must choose a specific career track during the initial hiring process. These tracks include marketing, retail sales, category management, and human resources. The chosen track will determine the physical office location where each participant will be placed. More specific information concerning location will be discussed during the interview.
The Business Development position is responsible for managing all aspects of a Client's business to include calling on key Customers on behalf of assigned Clients. They work closely with order entry, claims, accounting, schematics, and retail sales associates. Will successfully develop and increase sales volume for several key clients, within a revenue range. [60% of Sales role]
Functional Client Management
- Revenue Budget Achievement
- Client Quota Achievement
- Client KPI's Achievement
- Existing SKU Achievement
- Business / Category Reviews
- Forecast Planning Achievement
- Department Business Management
- Required Qualifications
The Retail Sales position is responsible for servicing and selling to retail accounts within an assigned territory to ensure Client standards are met and volume is increased [40% Sales role]
- Store Call Coverage
- Customer Relations
- Sales and Merchandising
- Shelf Standards and Conditions
- Territory Management
- Client Audits
The Marketing position is responsible for program management throughout the promotional planning and execution process. Results will be obtained through effective communication and superior follow-up with internal agency departments and/or client and other third party vendor contacts.
- Perform project management duties including: development and recommendation of project plan in accordance with client's marketing, promotional, and budgetary objectives; program tracking; timeline development and management; budget development, management, and reconciliation; post-promotional analyses; internal and external reporting; and development and recommendation of strategic solutions to improve project management process and promote client objectives and client relations.
- Develop effective internal relationships to facilitate effective and strategic communication and execution with internal departments
- Support agency partners with coordination of deliverables and updates. Communicate and interact effectively with agency team members in all departments and/or clients to deliver timely information and reports
Participants in the Category Management track aid in providing the integration of syndicated information into graphical presentations and/or category management business reviews across functions within the assigned marketing area; analyzing the data; and developing and recommending strategic business plans as result of such analysis.
- Development and recommendation of strategic solutions which align with company, division, or team business objectives resulting in additional business for our clients
- Data analysis, interpretation, and application
- Clear, concise, creative, and persuasive presentation development
ACE associates following the human resources track will identify and recommend strategic employment-related solutions to help ensure associate-related matters are handled in accordance with company policy and in a manner which aligns with key business objectives and reflects the overall company goals of fairness and integrity.
- Partner with associates and management to develop a foundational understanding of relevant facts, practices, policies and programs, associate interests, and business objectives.
- Analyze facts, policies, associate interests, and business objectives and provide strategic solutions to supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolve employee relations issues including but not limited to employee complaints, workplace conflicts, and HR programs which help achieve business objectives.
- Analyze past practices and make recommendations as to development and implementation of employment-related policies, procedures, programs, and practices.
- Provide strategic consultation to internal business partners to help ensure that policies and programs are carried out in accordance with company's policies and procedures, associate interests, and business objectives.
» About You
The ACE program isn't designed for your average job seeker. It requires someone with the drive and perseverance to work hard, take on extra projects, and add value every day.
While a recent four-year college degree (within the past two years) is required, we're also looking for someone with:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Past participation in extracurricular studet groups such as Enactus, Student Government, Greek Life, athletics, Model U.N., etc.
- The ability to solve problems with little direction
- Intellectual horsepower
- Perseverance and determination
Applicants should also be willing to relocate anywhere in the U.S. and may be asked to move to a new location upon completion of the program to meet the current needs of the business.
» Working at ASM
It's an exciting time to be a part of Advantage Sales and Marketing. While many businesses have struggled over the past several years, our "winning together" culture has allowed us to continue to grow our company through hard work, practical innovation and expansion into other areas of the sales and marketing industry. We foster an extremely entrepreneurial environment and encourage associates to find a means where they can be passionate about their work. If you have an idea and a solid plan, we want to hear about it. Likewise, we reward our associates based on these ideas and the growth they bring to the company.
ASM offers a full package of benefits including:
- Health, dental and life insurance plan options
- Company matched 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness reimbursements for flu shots, fitness events, and routine exams and screenings
The career opportunities at ASM are endless. Our diverse service portfolio allows you to completely change careers and not even need to leave the company. Your future is as bright as you work to make it!
» Getting Hired
The ACE hiring process consists of three main steps:
1. Resume & Application Submission
Prospective ACE participants should complete and application and submit their resume and cover letter using the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of this page. If you have questions or problems along the way, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
2. Phone Interview
You will receive a phone call from an ASM recruiter who will determine if you're a good match for ASM and the ACE program. This also gives you the chance to ask any questions about the program you may have and determine your career track preference.
If you make it successfully through the phone interview, you are asked to develop a short presentation on the CPG industry which you will present during your next interview. This is designed to test your creativity and provides you an opportunity to show us what you're made of. The presentation is typically done in-person if you live close to an ASM office location. If not, the presentation is done over a Skype video conference.
Please note this year's ACE program is scheduled to begin in late June 2013.